- Competitive endurance athlete since 1995 as a runner, duathlete and triathlete.
- Physical Therapist, trained in orthopedic sports injury rehabilitation and bike fitting.
- Fifteen years coaching experience, cross country, track, road racing, duathlon and triathlon, youth to adult.
- USA Triathlon L1 Certified Coach
- I have extensive coaching experience, enjoy working with athletes of all abilities, and I know that the path to your athletic success will lie in keeping you healthy.
- Multiple sprint duathlon/triathlon overall wins
- 2002 USAT Northwest Regional Age Group Champion in long course duathlon
- Fifth place overall at the Whisky Dick Triathlon 2003
- Ninth place overall, first age group, 2005 Northwest Iron Distance Championship at the Grand Columbian Triathlon
- Two-time qualifier for Team USA for Long Course World Champs
- 2009 Ironman 70.3 Clearwater World Championship qualifier
I thrive on goal-setting and competition, and I am excited to help you achieve your athletic goals and dreams.
- Create a sense of harmony amongst family, career, and competitive endeavors.
- Maintain energy for other life pursuits.
- Use triathlon to enhance lifestyle, not overwhelm it.
- As a husband, father of two boys, coach, therapist, and athlete, I understand the importance of maintaining a balance in life and will respect your priorities.
TRAINING AND COACHING PHILOSOPHY
- Enhance health while building the aerobic and musculoskeletal system.
- Emphasize key workouts specific to the requirements of goal races. Ensure full recovery of body and mind between key workouts so that training quality, motivation, and race-specific fitness can be achieved.
- Deliver schedules in one to four week blocks to maintain flexibility based on the athletes unique needs and abilities.
- Encourage athletes to learn and understand the principles of proper endurance training and to develop their intuition so that they can take an active roll in their athletic progression.
- Support energy levels and recovery through proper nutrition and hydration.
I prefer a highly interactive approach to coaching, and hope that you will enjoy the improvements in health and performance, the fun of traveling to great places to train and race, and the wonderful friendships that you will make through this sport.